31. December 2015 15:04
Goodbye 2015. Now it's time to reflect on how the year went and set some new goals for 2016.
These were my 2015 goals:
1) Walk at least 1 mile every single day. Rain or shine. Hot or cold. I love walking and I've been taking a 1 mile walk every afternoon during my lunch break.
2) Save money. I'm going to do the 52 week money challenge.
And guess what?? I DID IT!!!
So here we go!
NEW GOALS FOR 2016
- Have a monthly date with my husband. It doesn't have to be a formal get dressed up and head out on the town, but just something that we can do together, outside the house, with NO kids. It can be a bike ride, a movie, dinner, a drink at our local bar. Something. Anything. Our kids are getting older and more responsible so it's time for James and I to recapture some of ourselves back, some time to be Jenny & James and not mom and dad.
- Be healthy. And yes, that is pretty open-ended. But I need to lose some weight (again) and although all my blood work is perfect, I am having issues with my feet and I'm sure some of those issues are caused by carrying around too many pounds. But I don't want to crash diet, nor do I want to over exercise. Both of which I'm really really good at, but I can't maintain that for long.
- TRACK TRACK TRACK. Going right along with #2, in being more healthy, I need to honestly track everything that is going in my mouth. I also need to be better about getting my butt to a Weight Watchers meeting. I pay for monthly meetings, but haven't gone. Sigh. I need to change that.
- Wog at work. I made this a goal last year and I've gotten in the habit, so I'm going to keep doing it. I wog a minimum of 2 miles every single day I am at work.
- Spend 1:1 time with each of the kids. I've also been really good about this, so I'm going to keep it up.
Now how about you?? What are some of your goals for 2016?