In this Come To Jesus Vlog I discuss the 5 steps to FINDING your motivation. They are:
1) Ask yourself "why." Why do you want to do whatever it is that you want to do? Why do you want to lose weight? Why do you want to stop smoking? Why do you need to clean your kitchen? Some of the answers are easier to find than others.
2) Let the anticipation build. Once you decide to do whatever it is you need to do, let yourself get excited about. Don't start right away.
3) Tell your friends and family your goal(s). Tell ANYONE and EVERYONE that will listen. They will help to keep you accountable. Put as many people on your "team" as you can!
4) Start small. Don't bite off more than you can chew. When I started my journey I didn't announce "hey I want to lose 212 pounds." I started S.M.A.L.L. I didn't know how much I wanted to lose, I didn't know how many miles I eventually wanted to run. I just knew that I had to do something, so I started small. 15 minutes on the bike. Exercise first, diet later. Not biting off more than I could chew, so to speak.
5) Think about the benefits, not the challenges. There were some pretty big obstacles in front of me in losing a significant amount of weight but I didn't think about them. I thought about the BENEFITS of losing weight, about the benefits of exercise, about the benefits of eating a more healthy diet, and everything fell into place.
And to quote Jedi Master Yoda "you must unlearn all you have learned." You must retrain you mind and your body.