28. May 2014 10:52

Kale is great for growing kids-Cocoa Berry Kale Smoothie

28. May 2014 10:52 by jennifer | 6 Comments

My kids are pretty great kids. And they eat pretty great foods. Most of the time.

Let's be honest. They are kids. They like sweet stuff. Heck, who doesn't?

Last year we introduced the #TampaTrio to kale. It was the first time I had ever had it too! I made an Italian Wedding soup and it was good! Then I attempted kale chips. Attempt #1 was a dismal failure! Yell  Attempt #2 was a great success!! But in my honest opinion, kale chips are TOO MUCH WORK. I want my family to all have the amazing benefits of kale but I don't want to work for it. Undecided

When Nature's Greens sent me 2 large bags of kale, I immediately started to think outside my comfort zone.  What could I make with the kale that was fast, yummy and sweet?

Cocoa Berry Kale Smoothie.

Ingredients:

6 cups kale

2 bananas

2 cups water

3 cups mixed berries

1 tbsp cocoa powder

1 tbsp ground flax

Put in your Ninja and blend! I added the Kale first, then the bananas, then the water, and then I pureed it all together and once it was blended, I added the berries, cocoa, and flax. I try to add flax to foods whenever I can since it's packed full of Omega 3 fatty acids which we use as a natural "treatment" for our son's ASD.

If you had a real juicer you wouldn't get all the pulp that I got. But we're okay with pulp over here, so it's all good.

It made enough for me, and the kids, plus there was enough left over for the husband to have some when he got home, and I got a second glass, too!

It was a HUGE hit with the kids. Check out Miss Ella with her cocoa berry kale smoothie mustache!

And it was EASY! Did I mention how easy it was?? Super easy!

All the great benefits of Kale with very little work. Awesome. Now don't get me wrong, I am not afraid of hard work. But I'd much rather spend my time with my kids than spending all night cooking Kale chips. Tongue Out

This smoothie has now become the favorite after school snack, and I also drink one as part of my post-wod recovery.

You can check out WP Rawl and their Kale Up campaign for great recipes and ideas on how YOU can incorporate kale into your life in 2014!

Do you like Kale? How do you prepare it?

25. May 2014 11:19

Weekly Workouts May 18-May 24-Plus a review and giveaway!

25. May 2014 11:19 by jennifer | 50 Comments

It was a very busy week! I loved it. I am having some issues with my Loop synching up with my H7, so my calorie burn is way off. I *think* steps are tracked correctly, though. It's a battery issue, and I have issues with changing out the batteries. I can never get the back off. My Polar Peeps say a 2 Euro coin works perfect, so I'm on the hunt to track one down! Don't forget this is the last week to join the #20X31 challenge hosted by my friend Jen over at JVKom Chronicles! Sunday-Blueberry pick... [More]

24. May 2014 16:01

Matthew, the autism service dog is the #bestdogever

24. May 2014 16:01 by jennifer | 4 Comments

This post is sponsored by Merrick and the Pet Blogger Network. I am being compensated for helping spread the word about Merrick Pet Care and their Best Dog Ever Campaign, but MetamorFit only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Merrick Pet Care, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article. When Matthew joined our family in January 2013 he was 13 months old, and immediately welcomed with open arms and hearts by me and the #TampaTrio. It took some time for the husband... [More]