5. December 2013 20:20

Weigh in Wednesday Week 3

5. December 2013 20:20 by jennifer | 10 Comments

For the 2nd consecutive week I was not able to stay for my meeting. I had a long-standing hair appointment. I could have just said "oh forget it" and not even bother driving down to weigh-in, but I didn't. Last week I lost 6.6 pounds. This week I had gained 2 pounds. But overall that's a 4.6 loss in 2 weeks which is above average and pretty much what I expected. Not because I did anything "wrong" but because of how my body works. I went through my weight loss tracker from 2009, and the same th... [More]

3. December 2013 18:17

Lorna Jane #holidayfitlist

3. December 2013 18:17 by jennifer | 9 Comments

Disclaimer: As a Fit Approach Sweat Pink Ambassador, I was selected to participate in a #HolidayFitList campaign. I received fitness apparel from Lorna Jane and a copy of Move Over Sugar  as compensation for my participation.  All opinions shared are my own.   I've been trying to get a gift list together for my husband and kids, but I got a bit lucky that I received some of my "must have" items a bit early. What was on my list this year?? Without a doubt, the Polar Loop. An ama... [More]

3. December 2013 15:37

Is Fit Pride Fat Shaming?

3. December 2013 15:37 by jennifer | 5 Comments

Since the topic isn't going away, let's talk about it. And for those of you who are new to my blog keep this in mind. I LOST OVER 200 pounds. I have walked in both pairs of shoes. I feel that there is a very real difference between fit pride and fat shaming. A HUGE difference.We've got to look just past the BMI or number on the scale. WE HAVE TOO! The government tells me that I'm overweight by 10 pounds but I am STRONGER, FITTER, FASTER (on my bike and in the water...running, not so much) and in... [More]