14. December 2013 22:55

Push Away the Screen: Christmas Town at Busch Gardens 2013

14. December 2013 22:55 by jennifer | 1 Comments

Disclosure: My mom and I were able to attend Christmas Town free of charge thanks to my Elite Status with Yelp Tampa Bay and my kids were able attend free of charge thanks to Busch Gardens and my association with the Tampa Bay Bloggers. All opinions are my own.   Last Friday night my family was invited to experience Busch Gardens Christmas Town. This was the first time I was able to bring my mom along for a Busch Gardens VIP experience and I was excited to share the adventure with he... [More]

13. December 2013 14:00

Push Away the Screen: Pretty Muddy Family Edition

13. December 2013 14:00 by jennifer | 14 Comments

The Tampa Trio and I participated in our first ever mud run TOGETHER this past Saturday. We were invited to experience the family edition of Pretty Muddy. Our wave was scheduled to leave at 12:30, and we arrived at 11:30, so we had a little bit of time to kill. Thankfully Pretty Muddy realized that children would be present and had a bounce house and corn toss game for them to play. This year the race was held at Colt Creek State Park. Loved that it was held at a state park. I much prefer to pa... [More]

12. December 2013 00:21

Weigh in Wednesday Week 4

12. December 2013 00:21 by jennifer | 12 Comments

I had a super crazy week. Super crazy. But I still managed to get in to my weekly weigh in and even managed to stay for the meeting! I was down 2.2 pounds for a grand total now of 6.4 pounds. I'm feeling pretty good, certainly in control of my food environment, and while exercise has never been an issue for me, continuing to monitor my daily progress with the Polar Loop has been very helpful. I'm still averaging well over 12,000 steps per day. In the meeting we talked about how to manage ou... [More]