4. November 2013 12:08

Empowering your daughter through CrossFit

4. November 2013 12:08 by jennifer | 19 Comments

Obesity is a nationwide health crisis. Hundreds of thousands of children are waddling around the United States. I know. I used to be one of those children. But back in the 1970's and 1980's I was in the minority. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) state that "Childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and tripled in adolescents in the past 30 years." Obesity is PREVENTABLE. What can you do as a parent to help prevent your child from becoming overweight or obese? Healthy lifestyle... [More]

3. November 2013 10:39

Women Who Lift: Meet Kim

3. November 2013 10:39 by jennifer | 6 Comments

Welcome to my feature: Women Who Lift. If you are interested in being interviewed for the series, please email me at jennifer@metamorfit.org  I would love to spotlight you. You don't have to have a blog, you just have to be a woman who lifts! Today I am spotlighting Kim. Kim works out at my box CrossFit En Fuego. Kim is a part of our competition team and I often have the opportunity to watch her workout and she just inspires me. She's close to my age, a mom of 3 kids, one with special need... [More]

1. November 2013 08:32

I was on the Rachael Ray show!!

1. November 2013 08:32 by jennifer | 18 Comments

Two years ago TODAY I had the amazing opportunity to appear on the Rachael Ray show! My sister and I were flown to NYC. In between hair, makeup and outfit changes for Rachael Ray, we got to do a little bit of sightseeing! This was the first time Lori and I had ever taken a trip together as adults. We had so much fun! Being a children's librarian, of course I had to make a visit to the NYC Public Library! It was so beautiful! Click here for my clip from the Rachael Ray show!!   M... [More]