7. July 2013 20:10

Keeping your Dog Light and Healthy

7. July 2013 20:10 by jennifer | 2 Comments

I run with my dog. I walk with my dog. I play fetch with my dog. My kids chase him through the backyard multiple times per day. But even all that physical activity couldn't keep Matthew from putting on a few pounds during his first few months with us. I did with him what I did with myself. Every time we fed him something, I wrote it down. And I found out that we were feeding him a LOT of snacks. And I was using snacks as a reward during dog training, too. I tried to buy healthy snacks like sweet... [More]

5. July 2013 14:29

Random Friday Thoughts and a Vlog: Surfers for Autism

5. July 2013 14:29 by jennifer | 0 Comments

My son has autism. He's an amazing little dude, full of laughter, and fun. But his moods can change quickly. As we navigate as a family through the ups and downs of the autistic world, we've met some pretty incredible people who have put us in contact with some pretty amazing organizations. On Saturday July 13th our family will participate in the Surfers for Autism event held locally in Treasure Island. I'm pretty excited by the upcoming event, though you can't really tell by this vlog. I'm pr... [More]

3. July 2013 18:18

Orlando: Food and Wine Conference 2013

3. July 2013 18:18 by jennifer | 2 Comments

The 2013 Food and Wine Conference is coming up and I'm going to be there!! Join me from July 19-21, 2013 at Rosen Shingle Creek in Orlando. The event is being organized by my friend, Isabel Foodie who is a local Tampa Bay blogger and writes at Family Foodie. Who should attend?? Bloggers, publishers, brands, authors, small business owners, and others are all welcome at this event. You don't have to be a "foodie" to attend the Food and Wine Conference!! What am I hoping to learn from attending?... [More]