10. July 2013 18:13

The Conjuring

10. July 2013 18:13 by jennifer | 19 Comments

Do you like scary movies??  I remember BEGGING my mother to take me to see Freddy in a Nightmare on Elm Street. I was in the 6th grade. IT FREAKED ME OUT! I still have nightmares that Freddy is coming after me! Some horror/scary movies are like a train wreck and I can't take my eyes off the screen. Other times, I have to leave the room/theater, and distract myself. But the scariest movie I have ever seen is Jeepers Creepers. That devil bat flying dude just scares the bejesus out of me! My ... [More]

10. July 2013 15:02

Push Away the Screen: Biltmore Bonding Day 2

10. July 2013 15:02 by jennifer | 3 Comments

This is part 2 of a 3 part series. You can read part 1 HERE After our fun first day at the Biltmore, I couldn't wait to get up and explore the property!! But after too much wine the night before, James was moving S.L.O.W. so I took the kids off property and out to breakfast and brought him something back. By the time we got back, he was up showered, and ready for the day! We decided that we would go and tour the amazing Vanderbilt home: The Biltmore Estate. I should have realized we were in fo... [More]

9. July 2013 16:52

Getting my running groove back

9. July 2013 16:52 by jennifer | 3 Comments

I started running in 2009. I've run in dozens and dozens of races. I have a wall full of bling, and a photo book that holds all my race bibs. But in late 2012, my body just started to revolt against running, and so I stopped doing it unless I HAD to. I still ran races, (mostly 5K's) but my times were horrible. I swam, I cycled, I did Body Pump, I did a host of other activities to keep my body active. But I started to lose that sleek runners physique. I noticed it, not sure if anyone else did, b... [More]