3. June 2013 20:30

Jenny's Top 5 Tips to Help You Lose Weight

3. June 2013 20:30 by jennifer | 26 Comments

People often ask me "Jenny, how did you lose all that weight and how have you kept it off?" Looking back on the past 4 1/2 years, I did a series of small things to tweak my diet that alone would not add up to 212 pounds, but together, they made a world of difference. Here are my TOP 5 tips to help you on your weight loss journey! 1. MEAL PLAN!! I learned very early on in my weight loss journey that if you fail to plan, then plan to fail! I plan all my family dinners, and have generally always ... [More]

2. June 2013 16:52

Whole 30: Round 2 Week 1

2. June 2013 16:52 by jennifer | 11 Comments

I finished up round 1 of the Whole 30 on May 8th. I did great. I lost 6 pounds and 5 inches, became leaner, stronger and faster. During the past few weeks I have started to let some foods slip back in to my diet. Which foods you might be wondering? Well, beans for one. And beer for two.   And some natural sugars for 3 (honey, stevia and monk fruit) and some oats and flax (though that was only Friday and Saturday of this past week.)  I'm feeling bloated, and poochy in my stomach, so i... [More]

2. June 2013 16:46

Music Monday: We Don't Need No Education??

2. June 2013 16:46 by jennifer | 5 Comments

Typing a double negative just made the hair rise up on my arm. When I was in school, this would be "the song" that we would sing on the last day of school. But for today's music Monday theme (remakes) I'm including a techno version! The last day of school for MY gang is Tuesday, and they will continue to get an education throughout the summer. We will have reading and math time every day during break. The kids can't back slide during the summer months, and if I don't stay on top of them, the... [More]