24. March 2013 10:17

Music Monday: It's time for a good time!!

24. March 2013 10:17 by jennifer | 4 Comments

It's time for Spring Break! And so for today's Music Monday, I've chosen to play Holiday by Madonna!

I am really looking forward to this Spring Break with my trio. It's the first Spring Break in 3 1/2 years that they have NOT been in a childcare setting, and I have not had to work during their break. I worked for a different district than my kids, so our spring breaks were always on alternating weeks. And before I went back to work and was a SAHM, I was morbidly obese, so doing an activity every single day was very taxing on my body.

BUT NOT THIS YEAR!!!

We have planned one heck of a holiday staycation!! We are going to put our troubles down and CELEBRATE!!

Our schedule is planned, so baring that no one gets sick (knocking really hard on wood) this is what we will be doing!

• CrossFit Spring Break Workout for the Kids 3 days, CrossFit workout for mama 4 days. One of those days the kids will impress me with their "I can sit at the big kids CrossFit table and play with my itoys while mama works out." I will work out every single day during Spring Break and our adventures will begin AFTER the workout is finished. Tongue Out
  • AirHeads Indoor Trampoline Areana
  • Busch Gardens
  • Trail adventures with the pup and some geocaching
  • 5K Purple Walk
  • BEACH!!!
  • Egg Coloring

And then Haley still has Cheer practice on T/R, though football is canceled and so that means that there is NO football on Saturday, which means I can CrossFit! Yeah for Spring Break!! I have NO IDEA what we are doing for Easter. NONE! There is some stuff going on with my extended family which has put our normal holiday routines on hold. Likely, James, the kids and I will head out for a nice adventure. Perhaps a long bike ride.

I'm hoping to not spend too much time blogging this week, just perhaps getting together a review post of "what I did on Spring Break" sort of thing.

What about you?? Are you on Spring Break? What are your plans? Did you already celebrate Spring Break? What did you do??

23. March 2013 20:50

It's a Giveaway-Disney on Ice- Rockin' Ever After!!

23. March 2013 20:50 by jennifer | 21 Comments

Oh yes!! We are heading down to the Tampa Bay Times Forum to see Disney on Ice and their newest ice skating performance...Rockin' Ever After!! I think I am probably just as excited as my kids! Maybe even more so I have never been to an ice skating show, or ANY Disney show for that matter outside of the ones that they offer at the Disney Parks. And even then...since having children, I think we've only been to WDW twice. With Ronin's special needs, the overwhelming crowds and the  long lines... [More]

22. March 2013 21:44

Takara Sushi- Spring Menu Dining Event!!

22. March 2013 21:44 by jennifer | 14 Comments

Wednesday evening my family and I were invited to Takara Sushi in Tampa Palms. It's really close to our house, only about a 20 minute drive. I was excited to be able to bring the children to an event like this for a few reasons: 1) it allows them to practice their social skills and 2) it gives them the opportunity to try new and exciting foods We were the first of our group to arrive and I immediately realized that Takara was located in the spot that used to be occupied by the former Pappas t... [More]