12. February 2013 15:37

Zumba and Kismet

12. February 2013 15:37 by jennifer | 6 Comments

I woke up this morning not really sure what I was going to do for my cardio. I knew I was going to do yoga at 10am, but between 9am-10am, I was wide open. I asked my sounding board AKA, The Trio and gave them the list of options: run on the treadmill elliptical swim Spinning Zumba We talked about the pros and cons of each activity while we were frantically getting breakfast made, lunches packed, getting dressed, you know the normal hustle and bustle of a busy school morning. Finally m... [More]

10. February 2013 00:29

10 Tips to a successful mud run from a Mud Running Mama

10. February 2013 00:29 by jennifer | 5 Comments

For the second Saturday in a row I was up before the sun. Can you guess what I did?? I got D.I.R.T.Y. This is my 7th mud run in less than a year. I love these types of challenges and I've learned a few things along the way! Here are my tips in NO PARTICULAR ORDER!   1. Wear underwear or compression shorts under your running pants/shirts. I know a lot of runners don't like to wear underwear on race day, but trust me, wear them for a mud run. And while you're at it, wear granny panties. ... [More]

8. February 2013 18:47

You can't make me eat the rice

8. February 2013 18:47 by jennifer | 2 Comments

I wrote this post last year right about this time. I came across it again and it made me laugh out loud so I thought I'd share it with you all! Monday was an exciting day for me! I accepted a new position as a media specialist for an elementary school in Pasco County; a position I have been dreaming about for over 3 years! To celebrate, my husband took me out for lunch. We decided to go to Ginza Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar on Collier Parkway. I was thrilled to see that they offered an ass... [More]